WE WERE ASKED:
Once a leader in art & creativity, the spirit brand had lost cultural relevance and its edge to truly engage a new generation of consumers...so ABSOLUT asked Giant Step to re-establish them as a relevant vodka brand amongst the 21-29 year-old creative class, playing off the brand’s history in art and music.
Giant Step conceptualized and executed “ABSOLUT X”, a brand owned 360-experiential platform bringing together music, art, & cocktails. OUR PROGRAM ANCHORED AROUND six LARGE TENTPOLE EVENTS IN THE FORM OF MASQUERADE BALLS FOR 2,000+ GUESTS.
THE 18 MONTH PROGRAM INCLUDED:
• SERIES OF 6 EVENTS IN MAJOR US MARKETS
• SYNDICATED VIDEO SERIES
• MICROSITE & CONTENT STRATEGY
• SOCIAL MEDIA DRIVEN CONTESTS
• ACTIVATIONS AT FESTIVALS & ON PREMISE
• NATIONAL MEDIA PARTNERSHIPS
To truly bring this complete vision to life, Giant Step:
• EXECUTED ALL DESIGN, FABRICATION, EVENT PRODUCTION INCLUDING VENUE SCOUTING, PERMITTING, STAFFING, TRAINING AND HIRING OF VENDORS IN EACH MARKET.
• CURATED, NEGOTIATED AND ANd manAGED ALL MUSIC AND CREATIVE TALENT INCLUDING: GRIMES, NICK CAVE, BLOC PARTY, SANFORD BIGGERS, SANTIGOLD, QUESTLOVE, AND WALK THE MOON.
• DRINK EXPERIENCE HIGHLIGHTED ABSOLUT’S HERO DRINKS & UNIQUE LOCAL CREATIONS BY MIXOLOGISTS.
• IDENTIFIED & ENGAGED RESPECTED MIXOLOGISTS JOHN LERMAYER, LYNN HOUSE AND KEITH WALDBAUER.
• 250M media impressions
• 2.5M social media impressions
• 45K drinks served in branded cups
• 33K new customers to database
• 15K attendees
• Gold Winners at Ex Awards
• Winners of Absolut Vodka "Global Best Practices" Award