NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A GIANT STEP CONTEST. EACH CONTEST IS LIMITED TO ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. By entering into a contest (“Contest”) posted on the Giant Step Web site (the “Site”), you agree that you have fully understood and agree to be bound by these Contest Rules (the “Rules”) and any other limitation that may be applicable to that contest. Please refer to the content page of the Site located above for additional information on any particular Contest.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD Each Contest promotion period shall begin at time that Contest is posted and shall end on the end date (“End Date”) specified on the Contest Page.
2. ELIGIBILITY Entrant must be 13 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States residing in the fifty (50) states or District of Columbia to be eligible to win a prize(s). Contests are void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Giant Step, co-sponsors of a Contest and, their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, advertising, promotional or any other persons or entities directly associated with a Contest (collectively, “Giant Step and Promotion Parties”) and members of their respective immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are not eligible to enter any Contest that they are associated with.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Anytime during the Contest Period, go to [http://www.giantstep.net/contest], choose the contest you wish to enter and click on the link. Then answer the question posed, enter your first name, last name, email, zip code and click on the “SUBMIT” button.
4. PRIZES: The prize(s) for each Contest will be listed next to the Contest’s description on the Contest Page together with their estimated retail value. No substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent of prizes is permitted; provided, however that Giant Step, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: Winner(s) of Contests will be selected at random within 14 days of the End Date for that Contest from all eligible entries received by the judge(s) (the “Judges”). The Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by email. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, fails to respond to notification within ten (10) days, or is otherwise not in compliance with these Rules, an alternate winner will be randomly selected. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to: Giant Step 62 White St., Suite 3R New York, NY 1001 stating the particular Contest you are interested in or consult the list of winners to be posted at [http://www.giantstep.net/winners/] 21 days of the End Date for that Contest.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, on the prize. All entrants agree to be bound by the Rules and decisions of the Judges. All entries become the property of Giant Step and will not be acknowledged or returned. Except where prohibited by law ,entry into a Contest or acceptance of prize constitutes consent, without further compensation, to use your name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised. Winners may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and a publicity release (“Affidavit and Release”) which must be returned to and received by Giant Step within ten (10) days from winner’s receipt thereof. Failure to comply may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. If, for reasons beyond Giant Step’s control, the Contest is not capable of completion as originally planned, Giant Step at its sole discretion, reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Contests, without liability. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING ANY CONTEST OR THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE RULES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
7. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: Giant Step, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person suspected of tampering with any Contest or the operation of the Site. Non-compliance with these Rules will result in entrant’s disqualification. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF LAW AND SHOULD SUCH ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, GIANT STEP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. DISCLAIMERS: Entrant agrees that Giant Step and the Promotion Parties shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance or possession and or use of prize(s), participation in any Contest, or any malfunctions (technical or otherwise) of the telephone network, servers, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late, tampered with, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules. Entrant also agrees that Giant Step and the Promotion Parties are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any third party’s computer related to or resulting from any Contest and its prize(s) or for damage to a user’s computer system or his/her data in any way due to an entrant’s participation in any Contest. Neither Giant Step nor any Promotion Party makes any representation or warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize(s).
7. SPONSOR. Each Contest is sponsored by Giant Step and the co-sponsor(s) listed on the Contest Page in connection with such Contest.