Giant Step, a leading music and lifestyle marketing company and concert promoter is currently looking for part-time interns to work with us on day-to-day tasks. Descriptions for each position are as follows:
Brand Marketing Intern
Giant Step’s Brand Marketing team creates exciting, stand-out marketing programs, using music to connect consumers to brands. Our client roster includes The Coca Cola Company, Kodak, Morgans Hotel Group, Steve Madden, SVEDKA Vodka and HBO among others. (www.giantstepmarketing.com)
Job tasks include:
- Assist with promotion of Giant Step concerts and events across the web site and social networks
- Identify and research prospective brand clients in order to further Giant Step’s brand business
- Research corporate contact information and key marketing decision makers
- Market/company research to prepare brand team’s pitch presentations and meetings
- Assist in developing and writing marketing proposals
- Assist in writing and designing B2B communication (newsletters, company updates etc.)
- Editor of Giant Step’s B2B blog
- Run Giant Step’s internal news and new artist update (weekly overview)
- Monitor ticket sales and RSVP collections for Giant Step concerts and events
- Oversee Giant Step event contests, including set-up and winner selection
We are looking for energetic people with a great can-do attitude who are responsible and are actively pursuing a career in the music / entertainment industry or in marketing / branding in general.
- A passion for music
- Must be a self-starter, combining high level of creativity/initiative with strong organizational skills
- Effective problem solver
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- High interest in marketing and branding
- Experience with social networks (Facebook/Twitter/…)
- Experience with MS Office (Basic knowledge of database applications like Filemaker, as well as Photoshop and/or InDesign a plus)
The Giant Step Brand Marketing Internship is an unpaid position, but candidates will receive brand-spanking new releases and college credit. Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applicants need to be living in the New York Metropolitan Area for the entirety of the internship.
Music Marketing Intern
Giant Step’s Music Marketing team promotes the best new music to DJs, Tastemakers, and our community worldwide. Artists we’ve worked with recently range from Feist to Raphael Saadiq, Erykah Badu, Robyn, Q-Tip, Sade, Daft Punk, Four Tet, Fela Kuti, N.E.R.D., and many more.
Job tasks include:
- Planning and execution of Tastemaker marketing & DJ promotion campaigns, including research, setup, and reporting
- Communicating with our network of Tastemakers, VIPs, Radio Stations and Music Supervisors
- Maintaining and researching new DJs and accounts for servicing
- Formatting content for Giant Step webpages
- Overseeing Giant Step contests, including setup and winner selection
- Organizing music files for servicing
Applicants should be internet and social network savvy, have a passion for music, and possess experience with MS Office. Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and WordPress are a plus. We are looking for energetic people with a great can-do attitude, who are responsible and are actively pursuing a career in the music/entertainment industries or marketing in general. We ask for a 2-3 day per week commitment for a minimum of 3 months.
The Giant Step Music Marketing Internship is an unpaid position, but candidates will receive brand-spanking new releases and college credit. Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants need to be living in the New York Metropolitan Area for the entirety of the internship.
Giant Step is an equal opportunity employer.