Jonesy is back at it again with another installment of the 'The World According To Jonesy'. And in accordance with tradition, Jonesy reminds us that crate digging certainly isn't dead. Every track featured in this week's installment is solid gold (so what if Jonesy had to wipe off a few layers of dust to let the true luster come shining out).
So, since when was Frank Ocean so incredibly charming and adorable?! Wow. We are loving this mini interview he did with GQ as their pick for Rookie of the Year for 2011. Congrats to the young gentleman!
Tune in for some wise words on vitamin C, non-musical advice from Kanye, and Frank's extra curricular activities, amongst other things.
Sexy time champion The Weeknd has released a fantastical cosmic dream of a video that for some reason feels like it got a few excerpts from The DaVinci Code. But for real, the graphics are sort of mind-blowing. We saw some boobs with fireworks, too. Just saying. Awesome?!
Man. We've been addicted to Maimouna Youssef's voice since we heard her at a random show at the Grapevine in Philly (which has since shutdown) circa 2004. Folks may also be familiar with her from The Roots "It Don't Feel Right" track.
So excited to see that she is finally releasing some solo material. Check out the bohemian beauty in her very R&B bedtime tune, "I Got A Man," which starts off with some gorgeous scatting reminiscent of a pre-mainstream Jazmine Sullivan. So looking forward to more.
With the December 6th fast approaching, we're sure many of you want to reserve yourself a copy of the upcoming Amy Winehouse album. Shoot, you probably are going to want to go all out and pick up a CD that you can put under your pillow - don't front. And unlike mp3's that the internets can't necessarily run out of, we are pretty sure that these CD's will soon be backordered, especially with the holidays coming up. So, just a heads up that pre-orders are now available for Lioness.
Also, above is the video for "Our Day Will Come," a beautiful montage of Amy footage and photos.
1. “Our Day Will Come" (produced by Salaam Remi. 2002)
2. “Between The Cheats” (produced by Salaam Remi. May 2008)
3. “Tears Dry” (produced by Salaam Remi. November 2005)
4. “Wake Up Alone” (produced by Paul O’Duffy. March 2006)
5. “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow” (Shirelles original. produced by Mark Ronson, featuring Dap Kings. September 2004)
6. “Valerie” (produced by Mark Ronson. December 2006)
7. “Like Smoke” with Nas (produced by Salaam Remi. May 2008)
8. “The Girl From Ipanema”(produced by Salaam Remi. May 2002)
9. “Halftime” (produced by Salaam Remi. August 2002)
10. “Best Friends” (produced by Salaam Remi. February 2003)
11. “Body & Soul” with Tony Bennett (produced by Phil Ramone. Recorded at Abbey Road Studios. March 2011. Amy’s final recording)
12. “A Song For You” (Leon Russell original. produced by Salaam Remi. Spring 2009)