WE WERE ASKED:
Drive broader awareness to Samsung’s distinct and innovative technology and ecosystem in the cultural center of NYC.
WE TOOK ON:
Open a permanent non-retail, multi-floor flagship experience center in the heart of NYC’s Meatpacking District.
This was a global first for Samsung. GIANT STEP WERE IDENTIFIED BY CMO OF SAMSUNG USA TO BRING A FIRST OF ITS KIND EXPERIENCE
TO MARKET WITH A UNIQUE AND AUTHENTIC POSITIONING.
Roles and responsibilities included:
• branding and positioning of the space
• communicating its purpose company wide
• partnerships with companies like SmorgasbURG, Rag & Bone, Wanderlust
• Curated a truly non retail experience by commissioning immersive and interactive installations and programming
by partnering with local artists such as BLACK EGG and Guild
• Training staff in non traditional retail, Creating a non retail customer journey
• DEVELOPED INNOVATIVE MUSIC, FOOD & SPORTS EVENT FORMATS TO DRIVE TRAFFIC TO 837
• DEVELOPED VR CONTENT & SYNCHRONIZED VR EVENT EXPERIENCES, UTILIZING SAMSUNG TECHNOLOGY
• 1B+ earned impressions
• 29MM impressions and 43.2 engagements on social channels
• 38K+ device interactions in the first week
• 950 MM PR impressions, from 523 total placements (highlights included Mashable, Fast Company and Entrepreneur)
• Improved Brand Perception – with over 65% of visitors agreeing that Samsung is a lifestyle brand and “on the way up.”
• 84% improved opinion of the Samsung brand after visiting the space
• 99.6% visitors satisfied with their experience at the space