WE WERE ASKED:
Create an integrated global music platform for W Hotels that leverages all the brands music silos and turns their relationship with artists from a purely transactional into an integrated partnership.
Make W the first hotel brand to start a record label.
Designed a Record Label that had the spirit of an Independent with the marketing muscle of W Hotels and Marriott. A PARTNERSHIP THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE FOR THE ARTIST AND THEIR CAREERS.
• Record artists in W Hotel’s Sound Suite Studios located in Hollywood, Seattle, Barcelona and Bali.
• Sign burgeoning artists on the verge to record two songs.
• Set up global distribution of the music on Digital Streaming Platforms like Spotify and Apple Music.
• Manufacture limited edition collectors vinyl.
• Donate all royalties to charity of the artists choice.
• Create a music video and compelling personal content.
• Full Radio and Music PR and lifestyle marketing campaign.
• Leverage W Hotels Global footprint on property, in rooms, playlists, socials and digital.
• Target Marriott members 110 M.
total streams to date (spotify + apple): 1.5 million
total pr impressions: 329 million
First artist Amber Mark recorded two songs at Sound Suites W Hollywood, music was released mid October 2018.
• Recorded music video at W Montreal
• 3rd most played song on non commercial radio in US
• Song of the week on KCRW
• Press in Billboard, Rolling Stone, Forbes, StereoGum 200 M impressions to date.
• Partnership with Viceland to create a documentary to be released 12/18
• Donating royalties to The Rose - Breast Cancer Awareness
Artist #2 - Perfume Genius recorded two songs at Sound Suite Seattle in September 2018, music was released mid november 2018.
• Music being released mid November 2018 with a launch event in Los Angeles
• Exclusive premiere on KEXP Seattle
• Premiere in Fader Magazine
• Donating royalties to Immigration Equality - helps LBGQT immigrants with legal aid
Currently working on recording Artist #3 and #4 in Bali and Barcelona for releases in Q4 2019.